Saturday 11 August 2012

The Next Big Thing



Patricia Preston has tagged me to participate in The Next Big Thing blog challenge.  Here's how it works:

First: Answer the 10 questions below.
Then:  Spread the fun and tag 5 more awesome people to participate.
It's also nice to link back to the person

1.  What is the title of your book / WIP?

“The Sicilian Defence”

2.    Where did the idea of this book come from?

It’s the third in a series I’m writing for Carina Press, following the fortunes of the Forster family. Rob is a serious chess player, the heroine is from Sicily and The Sicilian Defence is a well known defence in chess circles.

3. What genre would your book fall under?

It’s a light Regency romance.

 4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oh heavens, I don’t know. I’d be a dreadful disappointment to famous people because I hardly ever watch films and wouldn’t recognize Brad Pitt if I passed him in the street!

 5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Is Electra a pawn in her government’s power struggle?

 6. Is your book published or represented?

Not published yet. Still being constructed.

7. How long did it take you to write it?

I usually take about three months to write a full length novel.

8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?

I try not to read other books in the same genre so there’s no cross-contamination.
  
 9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?

I’ve always loved the idea of ladies in beautiful dresses and gents in tight breeches with beautiful manners, in public at least!

 10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.

It’s the third part of a family saga and readers get to find out what’s happening to the characters they’ve already met in previous books, as well as getting insights into future stories. I love that sort of thing and hopefully readers will too. The first in the series, Compromising the Marquess, will be published in December by Carina Press.

Wendy

 The Five Awesome Fiction Authors I'm Tagging –

Fenella Miller
Pauline Barclay
Maureen A Miller
Eliza Knight
Shirley Wells

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Wendy. I'll get on to it!

    I love your answers. Three months to write a novel? Wow. I wish! It takes me closer to 6, and that's pushing it. Shirley must try harder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but I don't have a life outside of writing!

    ReplyDelete